This calendar contains public events primarily in the Riverside area that you may find of interest. This is not an endorsement of any one event.
Other activities that are more conceptual in nature and don't have a specific date & time event are listed alphabetically below the calendar.
If you would like to suggest additional information or events, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Catalina's List: "The mission of Catalina's List it to identify, recruit, and train progressive women for civic engagement and political participation towards gender equality. If American women said 'This sh*t stops now." It would stop now. Childhood poverty. More prisons built. Cuts to education. Unequal pay. Mass incarceration. Big money influencing elected officials and overpowering working families. Systemic violence, and pervasive social, economic, and environmental injustice." The solution. Women of all
walks of life must be involved in the conversation. Together, we can find
the solutions: in city halls, state capitols and in Washington DC. The
current dysfunction in governing has gone on way too long. #FemRevolution
- Progressive Alliance of the Inland Empire - Project of Catalina's List. Because our regional
area is typically underdeveloped and politically unorganized, one project of
Catalina’s List is the Inland Empire Progressive Alliance. We
will serve as a support hub for progressive leaders and the small and large
community organizations, groups, and non-profit service organizations to
support their contributions in the context of a larger movement of justice, empowerment
- Countable makes it quick and easy to understand the laws Congress is considering. They also streamline the process of contacting your lawmaker, so you can tell them how you want them to vote on bills under consideration. We try to cover every bill likely to be voted on in Congress and bills that are topical or in the news. Our mission is to provide you with a way to evaluate how your own views stack up against your representatives’ views.
- You can use Countable to:
- Read clear and succinct summaries of upcoming and active legislation.
- Directly tell your lawmakers how to vote on those bills by clicking “Yea” or “Nay”.
- Follow up on how your elected officials voted on bills, so you can hold them accountable in the next election cycle.
"Daily Action Alerts make civic engagement easy. You can contact your legislator on your way to work. Text the word DAILY to the number 228466 (A-C-T-I-O-N). [or go to: https://dailyaction.org] You’ll be prompted to enter your ZIP code and that’s it—you’re signed up. You will subsequently receive one text message every workday about an issue that we have determined to be urgent based on where you live. You tap on the phone number in your message, listen to a short recording about that day’s issue, and from there you’ll be automatically routed to your Senator, member of Congress, or other relevant elected official. In 90 seconds, you can conscientiously object and be done with it."
- Inland Empire Resistance.
- Sister District Project: "We Match Blue with Red for a Bluer Tomorrow."
- When you join the Sister District Project, you will be connected with your local home district team. After the primary elections in June, your team will be matched with a strategic, winnable race that needs your support. As 2018 approaches, you will be matched with a swing congressional district, or other strategically important race, so that we can take back the House of Representatives and the State Legislatures.